Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Journey

Where is the self towards soulful emotion?
Is it striving so diligently towards absolute devotion?
Or simply to love, to life, to lustful erosion?
Forgetting to look beyond, feeling consistent corporeal corrosion

My life, Thy faith, Why God?
We compare and contrast and we rob
Ourselves of all spiritual beauty, for it is the meaningless things for which we sob
They are for so little, so small, yet it is misery we spare and mercy we give the rod

In Surah Yusuf, the Prophet peace be upon him was so pure,
Even beyond that which he pined for in a sensual lure
He remembered the Divine in things, for that his Faith was truer
And embraced it, in a life that can be compared to much fewer

Where am I towards my own pollution?
I strive, oh I strive for celestial Absolution!
How do I love beyond life, beyond physical temptation
Oh Lord, Oh Lord! Save me from Hell Fire Damnation!

Oh Lord, oh Lord, make me not deaf, dumb and blind
I want to, on Judgement Day, I want my face to shine

No comments:

Post a Comment