Monday, September 26, 2011

9/27

I'm at choto kala's house (my mother's younger sister), hence why I have internet access.
Blah all I've been doing is reading and writing, playing guitar, and trying to read the Quran in English. Ah, the Quran is just so dense! It takes so much more reading one page than it does of several of Rumi's long ended poems. I'm on Surah Al-Hud right now I believe. I should read it now after I get off shouldn't I...

I read a lot of Rumi, thank you Devin for lending it to me...though now it seems like I have no way of giving it back being so far away...I'll try if I can. Rumi's poems are so fascinating, the feeling you get my reading them is more palpable then perhaps the lyrical content themselves. Like his poem "I have five things to say", it feels like he delivers each line with punch drunk love. Though I'd say he sounds drunkenly clear in most of his poetry. Ironic considering how much he uses religious symbolism. I wish I understood the culture at the time a bit more to understand the significance of some of his phrases. Either way, it's good inspiration for the sober minded though, at least we can feel his emotions and use it up at every cup (he loves to drink in feelings in his word use).

Ah, time to figure out this whole volunteer thing, it seems like I need to find the number of someone and call him, ah using a phone in Bangladesh for some reason seems scary! It shouldn't be, just like when I'm sick, I need to just say, "GO DO IT", and get through these tiny things.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment