Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Cup Should Be Empty

The cup should be empty. We heard that a lot, an expression I believe is popularized by Bruce Lee, and one that makes more sense now for me at least. The idea that we let things fill up inside our head and soul to the point that we learn nothing new from the world.
How often do I realize that I do not enjoy the things around me because my own cup is full of my own regret, a regret that is not even cultured with my own young age.
Well so it is, right? Some people sound (and most probably aren't) simpler when they can say easily "I like everyone, they're nice", while I'd second guess everyone, valuing myself more than they are.
As a result, my own cup blocks me from enjoying anything outside. So I'll do my best to empty my cup into the arid ground in Kenya, and stop living inside my own head.

This definition of masculinity, that does not exist, being my heroic self, that has not formulated properly, I guess it's a goal I've been striving forward. How to be the best human possible without letting the chips on my shoulder grow and grow?
No burden should be too much for me at this age. None.

Peace be upon you,


No comments:

Post a Comment