Monday, January 2, 2012

Lover to a love

Quietly I hear you weep
Right where I am to believe you were to sleep
I'd like to hold you warmly, steady
But I don't think I'm yet quite ready

You smile, you dance, and you sing
For my every special need I know the effort you bring
But right now I know you're crying
What once made us work is slowly and surely dying
Was it the fact that we have no more obstacles blocking our path
No more secrecy, friend, foe to keep us off track?
Without any need to look beyond your company around
Was our intimacy lost when we no longer needed to whisper a sound?

I'm lost now, and I thought all I need was you
But sadly, meekly, I realized that that's no longer true
No matter what you do for me, and what I try to do for you to keep it together
How short it seemed now, to go through what I'd thought we'd never
Quietly I hear you weep
Knowing what comes after your sleep
Feeling that you are the one who wished to keep us steady
But love, I no longer think I'm ready

No comments:

Post a Comment